Step by Step Mean Stack for Windows
- Go to site mean.io to know about mean stack. Mean.io is one repository for mean stack.
- Express.js is backend web framework for Node.js and work with Mongo dB and Angular.js
- To get started there are few things to be installed on window.
- Node.js download latest stable version from nodejs.org (About 10 MB) for you machine and install it.
- Mongo dB download latest, stable and compatible version for your machine from mongodb.org (About 90 MB) and install it.
- To work with git install git bash application from https://git-scm.com/downloads/win(About 30 MB). There are several GUI tools for windows which are easy to use (eg:- Sourcetree https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/, Tortoise git https://tortoisegit.org/).
Setup git environment add git.exe to PATH
Open command and install necessary package.
- Gulp as automated build tool and enhance workflow.
To install gulp type in command:
npm install -g gulp
This install gulp globally.
- Bower is frontend package manager for web application.
To install Bower globally
npm install -g bower
This install Bower globally
npm install -g mean-climean-cli
is MEAN command line and is core package of MEAN stack
Open One New instant of command and run mongod to start mongo dB server.
And in other command instant go to location where you want to install mean and type code
mean init StepByStepAnd
this will ask some question like.
And ask to create user for MEAN
And supply email and username with password.After all done it inform us to install dependencies
created user can view on mongodb, to view user open new instant of command and type mongo to enter into mongoenviroment
then type command
You can view list of database and one with name
Switch database to mean-dev by command
To view collection type command
You can see there is only one collection of name
To view all user in pretty way type command :
Ok now install all dependencies package as instructed after successfully initialization of MEAN.
D:\Projects\MEAN&gt;cd StepByStep &amp;&amp; npm install
then browse localhost:3000 in browser you can have a screen as in figure.